- Introduction To Changes For Landlords In England From 1 October 2015
- Getting Rid Of ‘Last Day Of Period’ From Section 21
- Time Limits For Serving And Using A Section 21
- New Prescribed Section 21 Form
- Prescribed Information (How To Rent Guide) To Be provided
- Apportioned Rent Repayment After A Section 21 Notice
- Prescribed Legal Requirements Before Serving A Section 21 Notice
- How To Comply With The Smoke And CO Regulations
- How To Test A Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Amended Section 8 Notice From October 2015
- We’re Ready For The Big Changes From 1 October 2015
- How To Understand Retaliatory Evictions
It’s been very little publicised but in addition to the raft of changes in respect of section 21 notices, there is also a small change being made to the section 8 notice in England.
Changes were made to the section 8 notice in April this year but now under regulation 4 The Assured Shorthold Tenancy Notices and Prescribed Requirements (England) Regulations 2015 the English version of the section 8 is again being amended.
The changed form will only be used where the tenancy was granted on or after 1 October 2015 including a written renewal but not a statutory periodic tenancy arising on or after that date.
For tenancies granted in England before 1 October 2015, the April version of the section 8 notice will apply.
The new October 2015 version will apply to ALL assured shorthold tenancies from 1 October 2018 regardless of when granted in England (assuming no further changes are made).