Energy Saving Trust
Information via Energy Saving Trust on the Boiler Scrappage Scheme is available here
Who is eligible for the scheme?
In order to be eligible for the £400.00 voucher, a landlord or tenant must be replacing a “G” rated boiler with a new “A” rated boiler. The boiler must be in working order.
The scheme is open to 125,000 householders in England living in an owned or privately rented home. Please note:
– If you are a householder (including tenants) under 60 you can only apply for the scheme if the boiler you are scrapping is in working order and is the main boiler used to heat the home.
– If you are a householder (including tenants) and 60 or over you can apply for the scheme regardless of whether the boiler you are scrapping is in working order. However, it still needs to be the main boiler used to heat the home.
Only householders and landlords who privately own and rent dwellings are eligible to apply for a voucher. Boiler installers and manufacturers, local authority registered social landlords, and housing associations are not eligible to apply.
How can you tell if your boiler is G-rated?
A good quick test for gas boilers is to see if it has a permanent pilot light -if it has then it is very likely to be a G-rated boiler. If it is gas fired and over fifteen years old it is likely to be eligible. If it is oil fired and over twenty five years old, it is likely to be eligible.
Want to register for the Boiler Scrappage Scheme?
If you believe that your home has a G-rated or worse boiler and wish to register for the scheme to receive a £400 cashback voucher towards the cost of upgrading to an A-rated boiler then firstly arrange for your nominated installer to visit and provide you with a quote.
Once you have the quote then please ensure you have the following information to hand before completing the online web form– or calling our Act on CO2 advice line on 0800 512 012:
– Your full name.
– The address of the property you wish to claim the voucher for.
– The make and name of the boiler being scrapped.
– The company name, address and contact details of the installer carrying out the work.
– The type of replacement boiler to be installed e.g. gas, biomass.
How will payment of the £400 be made?
Once you have received your voucher, you can then proceed with the installation. You will need to pay for the new boiler and installation before you can then claim back the £400 by sending the voucher and invoice to us. If you proceed with your installation before you receive your voucher, this will invalidate your claim and you will no longer be eligible for the £400 rebate.
Payment will be issued within 25 working days of receipt of the voucher and invoice.