Often, deputy district judges can suggest that once they have made an order, that they can no longer vary that order and that the matter must be dealt with by appeal.

This is not always the case. If a person did not attend trial and has a good reason for failing to attend, it is possible for the judgement or order to be set aside.

It is then possible for a court to vary or revoke the previously made order.

Rule 3.1(7) reads: A power of the court under these Rules to make an order includes a power to vary or revoke the order.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.