It is clear that a true bedsit type accommodation where all facilities are shared can not be self contained accommodation and therefore the council tax banding will be for the entire house.

It is also clear that where a house has been split into fully self contained flats where they have their own kitchen, bathroom and WC for exclusive use, these self contained flats have their own banding.

However, what is the position where you have a bedstitting room with it’s own little kitchen within the room and the bathroom and wc is shared? Is this a bedsit or a self contained unit?

Answer: ... Please login or signup to continue reading this content

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.