- Always Follow The Golden Rules of Letting a Home
- EPC Required Before Marketing
- Gas Safety Record Required Before Occupation
- Electrical Checks
- Advertise your Property
- Suggested Forms Required
- Initial Viewing with the Prospective Tenant
- Tenant Wishes to Proceed
- Can the Tenancy be Assured Shorthold?
- Reference Checking
- Length of Fixed Term
- Providing A Rent Book
- Joint Tenancy Or Many Individual Tenancies?
- Completing the Tenancy Agreement
- Completing The Guarantee Agreement
- Granting the Tenancy
- Check Smoke And Carbon Monoxide Alarms – England Only
- Protect the Deposit and Notify Utilities
- What Happens at the End of a Fixed Term – To Renew or Not To Renew
- Checklist of what to do at the end of the tenancy
Energy Performance Certificate
Before you begin marketing the property, you must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). At the very least an EPC must be commissioned before marketing and then obtained within seven days.
The EPC must be made available to “prospective tenants” when you are viewing the property or if they request written particulars about the property from you. The person who ultimately becomes the tenant must have been given the full EPC.... Please login or signup to continue reading this content