There are a number of properties that do not require home information packs. If your home is on the market before 1 June 2007, you won’t need a Pack, unless the property remains unsold on 1 January 2008 – then you must get one.

You do not need a Home Information Pack for:

  • Properties where there is no marketing (e.g. sale to member of your family)
  • Non-residential properties
  • Seasonal and holiday accommodation
  • Mixed sales (e.g. shop with flat)
  • Right to buy and similar sales
  • Sales of portfolios of properties
  • Properties not being sold with completely vacant possession
  • Unsafe properties and properties to be demolished.