There are a number of properties that do not require home information packs. If your home is on the market before 1 June 2007, you won’t need a Pack, unless the property remains unsold on 1 January 2008 – then you must get one.
You do not need a Home Information Pack for:
- Properties where there is no marketing (e.g. sale to member of your family)
- Non-residential properties
- Seasonal and holiday accommodation
- Mixed sales (e.g. shop with flat)
- Right to buy and similar sales
- Sales of portfolios of properties
- Properties not being sold with completely vacant possession
- Unsafe properties and properties to be demolished.