- Universal Credit – Welfare Reform Legislation Links
- What is Universal Credit?
- When does universal credit take effect?
- The Housing Costs Element of Universal Credit
- Claiming Universal Credit
- Entitlement and Calculation of Housing Element Universal Credit
- Awards and Payment of Universal Credit
- Direct Payment to Landlords and Third Party Deductions – Universal Credit
What is universal credit?
Universal Credit will sweep away the current benefits system and provide a single monthly payment for people on a low income or are out of work. It will include support for the costs of housing, children and childcare, as well as support for disabled people and carers. Universal Credit will replace:
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Housing Benefit
Universal credit will be centrally administered by the Department for Work and Pensions but local authorities will be able to assist claimants with the on-line claim procedure and advice.