From 4 April 2011, court fees are to increase.
The significant changes mainly affecting landlords are as follows:
- Accelerated Possession Claims: £280.00 (from £150.00)
- Standard Procedure Possession Claim (e.g. rent arrears): £280.00 (from £150.00)
- On-Line Possession Claim (rent arrears): £100.00 (same as before)
- Application fee (set aside, restore etc.): £80.00 (from £75.00)
- Warrant of Execution (Bailiff fee): £121.00 (from £95.00)
In addition, from 1 April 2011 (so before the fees increase) the Tribunal Service is to merge with HM Court Service to produce HM Courts and Tribunals Service, so any cheques or postal orders paid on or after 1 April should be made to HM Courts and Tribunals Service or HMCTS.