Product Code: F003 – for updates see tab
Guild landlords get insured deposit protection for £12.00 (deposit up to £500) or £20.20 (deposit greater than £500) via discount code to DPS insured scheme.
This agreement is for use where a deposit is taken and is to be protected using the MyDeposits tenancy deposit scheme. It can be used for either their insured or custodial scheme. Both custodial and insured leaflets are provided within the prescribed information and you can remove whichever does not apply.
The guidance for completing the agreement and checking it’s suitability is now on our website rather than an additional page built into the tenancy agreement.
This agreement must not be used for the following purposes:
- If you are protecting the deposit in any scheme other than MyDeposits.
- If the rent is to be greater than £100,000 per annum
- If the tenant is not to be an individual (e.g. company)
- If it is not intended to be for the used by the tenant as their only or principle home
- If the tenancy is pursuant to an earlier contract to the same tenants and the earlier contract was made before 15 January 1989.
- If the dwelling-house is in Greater London AND the rent payable £1,000 or less a year or, If the dwelling-house is not in Greater London AND the rent payable is £250 or less a year.
- If the tenancy is for the purposes of a business.
- If the dwelling-house consists of or comprises premises licensed for the sale of intoxicating liquors for consumption on the premises.
- If it is a tenancy under which agricultural land, exceeding two acres, is let together with the dwelling-house.
- If the tenancy is an agricultural holding.
- If the purpose of the tenancy is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the dwelling-house for a holiday.
- If the landlord is a Resident Landlord as defined in Schedule 1 Housing Act 1988.
- If the tenant is to be a lodger, living with the landlord.
- If the tenancy is to be granted by a private landlord under arrangements for the provision of support for asylum-seekers or dependants of asylum-seekers made under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999