Record Keeping and Data Protection (England)

Access to tenancy agreements from council

20 Jan 2017 | 1 comment

I know its an odd question, but would you know the process of acquiring TAs from local councils who say that they cant release due to DP ec… I was thinking injunction?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Do you mean your tenancy or tenancy agreements they generally hold?

    If it’s your tenancy (and I assume you have lost your copy) then in my view, it’s your data they are holding and you’re entitled to see data they hold about you. You could maybe try a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

    Alternatively, the other correct procedure would be to follow their complaints procedure which will be shown on their website. Ultimately, this would go to the ombudsman.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)