Assured Tenancies (England) | Ending a Tenancy (England) | England

Change of tenant and plan to sell property

6 Oct 2021 | 1 comment

The current tenant is due to leave in a couple of month’s time.  We would like to sell the property next spring/summer.  What sort of contract do we use for a new tenant that makes it easy to get them out when required?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    No such tenancy exists.

    If they’re an individual and occupy as their only or principal home, the tenancy will be an assured shorthold tenancy.

    You can make the fixed term as short as you like but landlord’s notice can’t be served until after 4 months and then it’s 2 months notice plus court etc. (at the moment).

    Perhaps you could do holiday let’s (e.g. Airbnb) but that’s not something we cover.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)