Tenancy Agreements (England)

Change of tenant’s name following marriage

26 Jan 2018 | 2 comments

Our tenants have recently got married, is it necessary to amend the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement to reflect the change of name?



  1. guildy

    No, there’s no need to make a change as it’s still the same person.

    Just amend your records so any future correspondence goes to the new name and if ever a possession notice was required (hopefully not) there would need to be a little note in the court form explaining the difference in name. Worry about that if it’s needed though!

    • WS092706

      Many thanks for you advice

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)