Check out the new websites that we will be moving to soon - [England]( or [Wales](
Check out the new websites that we will be moving to soon - [England]( or [Wales](
powered by bulletin


Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (England) | Tenancy Agreements (England)

Chasing up late payment of rent.

28 Feb 2018 | 1 comment

The rent on our flat in Oxford is late by 12 days. On the short hold tenancy contract it says that after 14 days late payment on the flat, we can take possession of the flat.

We don’t want to take possession, we want our money. Has anybody got a formal letter template that we could use to insist on payment being made now.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    We have a number of templates available here.

    The clause in your tenancy doesn’t really have any effect (it’s just a legal term known as forfeiture but there is a special procedure to follow).

    If they still don’t pay, you could consider serving a section 21 notice (at least 2 months notice) and if they get to two months arrears (which is after one month plus one day of not paying anything), you should then serve the section 8 notice.

    Both these notices are available here when ready.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)