Landlord Responsibility for Repairs and Maintenance (England)

council improvement notice and obligations

22 Jun 2017 | 1 comment

Is the landlord responsible to pay for any alternative accommodation if tenants have to move out whilst works taking place?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    This depends entirely on the terms of the tenancy and what insurance the landlord has (if a claim is being made). If you have a look at the tenancy terms and see what it says about being uninhabitable (or similar). If you’re unsure of the meaning of any clause, come back to us.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)