We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Applying to Court for Possession — Standard Procedure (Wales) | Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (Wales)

Court proceedings

23 Oct 2017 | 1 comment

I have served a section 8 for rent arrears and have applied to the court for a hearing which is in 4 weeks time.
Following your guidance I am compiling the list of paperwork including a certificate of service. I have to send this in to the court. In your guidance there is no mention of sending copies of this paperwork to the defendants. Is this because they already have then section 8 that I am relying on?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    That’s correct. You must provide the tenant with anything you intend to rely on before the court date. However, there is nothing in the list of documents that they don’t already have.

    The tenant won’t have a copy of the certificate of service but that’s only confirming to the court how the notice was served. As long as the tenant got the notice, it’s not really relevant to the tenant how they got it.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)