We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Electrical Safety (England) | England | Responsibilities and Liabilities (England)

EICR Requirements and Electrician qualifications.

12 Feb 2021 | 1 comment

Can a Electrician who is not a accredited member of NICEIC but a member of NAPIT which is on the government list of competent person schemes provide a EICR for the purpose of complying with the new electrical regulations for rental properties?




accredited with the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC).


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    The requirement for someone to do the inspection, test and report is they must be “qualified and competent”.

    It’s strange because the government guidance on the routine inspection regulations don’t refer back to the list you’ve linked above.

    The government guidance says:

    When commissioning an inspection, in order to establish if a person is qualified and competent landlords can:

    check if the inspector is a member of a competent person scheme; or
    require the inspector to sign a checklist certifying their competence, including their experience, whether they have adequate insurance and hold a qualification covering the current version of the Wiring Regulations and the periodic inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations.

    You could check this criteria with NAPIT and go from there.

    The government guidance we refer to can be found here and has links to other bodies.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)