We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) (England) | Tenancy Agreements (England) | Types of Tenancies (England)

hmo for students

1 Apr 2016 | 4 comments

what is the best tenancy agreement to use for individual rooms within a hmo being let to students for a period of 48 weeks




  1. guildy

    Out AST’s are suitable for both HMO’s or other types of let. They all include the appropriate sharing clauses where there is an element of sharing. To make it an HMO tenancy you just need to ensure the room number (or other identifier) is inserted into the address box.

    First choose your deposit and then choose the AST to match your deposit scheme.

      • skylight

        what about the fact that it includes all bills for some properties but not for others

        • guildy

          Our tenancy agreements require the tenant to comply with any “management regulations”. We then have a separate add on sheet titled the same where you can add any conditions you like. This allows you to have any permutation that suits your individual needs.

          Just be warned that you are better where possible to not bill a tenant for any heating otherwise you will have to comply with the Heat network regulations (notice how I didn’t even phrase it as the heating being “included” in the rent).

          We are currently developing a tenancy builder and I’m looking at ways to word the payment of utilities clause where it can be changed because really that’s the only clause that may be different for shared properties. See here for the beta testing of the tenancy builder

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)