We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England)

How can I get them out

23 Jun 2017 | 1 comment

We have had all the other three tenants out of four apartments complain about the fourth. Arguements, shouting, police being called etc. They have been in residence since 3rd May. How quickly can we get them to leave? The troublesome tenants are causing real problems for the others. One has even had to start taking medication to cope.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    It’s very difficult in reality to get possession based on anti-social behaviour. The other tenants could complain to the local authority who almost always have an anti-social behaviour team. They have many powers in dealing with these problems.

    The best way for possession would be to use the section 21 notice. Although the notice is longer, the possession claim itself is generally straight forward and relatively quick compared to other possession claims.

    The problem you have is that the section 21 cannot be served for the first four months plus a day. It will also depend on the length of the fixed term which was hopefully just six months.

    Please see our wizard which will guide to the best notice to use.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)