Controlling Legionella (England) | Prescribed Information (England) | Types of Tenancies (England)

Legionella Risk Assessment ~ Common law tenancy or a licence

19 Feb 2016 | 3 comments

Resident landlord with loft conversion – which of the following are ‘needed’ please?
* Legionella Risk Assessment
* Gas Safety Record
* How to Rent Guide



  1. guildy

    This depends on whether it’s a lodger living with the landlord or not.

    If it’s a lodger sharing any accommodation (kitchen, lounge, bathroom etc.) with the landlord then only Legionella and gas safety required.

    If the accommodation is self contained (e.g. landlord lives in ground floor flat and tenant lives in flat above) then everything except how to rent guide is needed. The how to rent guide is only needed with an AST.

  2. JungleProperty

    Brilliant – Thank you

  3. Albatross128

    Agree with Guildy. Bang on!

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)