We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (England) | Types of Tenancies (England)

procedure for non-AST

22 Mar 2018 | 1 comment

The agreement is a non-AST. The set up is that there is a large house with 6 self contained flats, the LL lives in the main premises and the tenant in one of the S/C flats. The agreement states this
‘The Landlord is a resident Landlord as defined in the Housing Act 1988’
There are more than 2 month arrears.

So should it be a one month NTQ? plus its periodic so should it be one month plus up to last date of tenancy

As there are rent arrears and if its a non-ast, im assuming S8 cant be used correct?

So when claim i submitted im assuming one would select this on the N5 and explain on N119?

Please advise


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    All correct as you say.

    Only caveat to just check – was the house originally a house and subsequently split into flats or was it a purpose built block of flats? If it was originally a house then what you say is correct.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)