We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Deposits and Tenancy Deposit Schemes (England) | Tenancy Agreements (England)

re-newing an AST

27 Mar 2017 | 1 comment

Coming to the end of a first 12 month AST. The tenant wishes to remain and I’m content for her to do so. Will be issuing a new 12 month AST (rather than slipping into a periodic tenancy). In likelihood there will not be a rent rise with the new AST.
My question concerns the deposit.The current deposit is currently registered with My Deposits under their Insurance Deposit Scheme. In these circumstances, should I return the deposit to the tenant only for her to return this to me or am I am to simply have a new certificate issued for the same amount?
Many thanks
Nick Dinnage


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Assuming the deposit and full prescribed information was given correctly at the first tenancy, you should find when going onto Mydeposits website that you can simply renew the deposit protection. This will mean a further fee being paid and it will not need un-protecting then re-protecting.

    There is no need to issue prescribed information again (assuming correct at first tenancy) although our Tenancy Builder automatically includes this so just as easy to give it again.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)