I have a difficult tenant that I am concerned about. I’ve already served S21 but want to check if there are any other options to get him out sooner. S21 expires at the end of the tenancy (around 4 months from now).
- Tenant is having a mental breakdown – these are the words of his family, not mine.
- He caused some damage to the property (damaged walls, broken cabinet, burnt carpets). He told me that he damaged the walls by smashing them.
- He smoked in the property against the terms of the tenancy agreement. I have periodic inspection reports that he signed and pictures as proof.
- He has just been arrested for drunk driving – he told me that and it was confirmed by his family.
- He forgot an iron that was switched on in the flat when he went abroad. I discovered that during an authorised visit. I was by myself, unfortunately no witness. I have a photo but ot sure how much it will prove.
- He paid rent in advance until the end of the tenancy, so no rent arrears.
- He told me that he wants to leave the tenancy early, we talked about the arrangements but now he changed his mind and wants to stay until the end.
- He partied there a lot but I have no noise complaints or complaints of him smoking anything suspicious as proof.
Are there any options that you see to get him out sooner than S21 allows?