by | 5 Aug 2016

I am going to move an existi g tennant to a different property in my portfolio. What is the best way to go about this including transfer of DPS custodial bond?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    A total start again is needed for this because of the property being different.

    You should do a new tenancy from whenever you wish to start at the new property.

    The deposit will need unprotecting and then reprotecting with the new address. As its with the DPS custodial, you could agree with the tenant to repay it to you, that way you can just immediately reprotect it again.

    When the keys are returned for the old property, that will end that tenancy so you don’t need anything more (the new tenancy will also act as a surrender of the old property).

Submit a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.