England | Housing Benefit and Universal Credit (England)

Universal Credit

14 Jun 2020 | 3 comments

Is it possible to make it a requirement of a tenancy starting that any universal credit is paid directly to the landlord and or agent. If so is there a template form that the tenant can sign agreeing to this which can then be sent to UC.



  1. Imported

    09/09/2019 7:22 pm

    No, that’s not possible. The legislation governs who and when it’s payable which overrides any contractual terms.


  2. Imported

    09/09/2019 8:25 pm

    Thanks for the reply but on another issue I understand there is a mechanism to get direct payment from UC now if the tenant is 2 months in arrears. Is there a form or guide for that situation?


Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)