We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Tenancy Agreements (England) | Utilities (England)

What wording should be used when gas, electricity and water are included in the rent up to a capped amount?

10 Aug 2016 | 1 comment

I put the utility accounts in the students name and pay the bills directly to the utility companies up to the capped amount, if the students go over, they have to pay the difference. As the bills are in their names I don’t take the risk of having to chase them for payment.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Under the Heat Network Regulations you must supply a bill based on “actual consumption” for the heating and not just a capped or fair use limit. This includes indirectly by being somehow included in the rent. You can purchase devices which are fastened to radiators and will produce actual energy used which you can in turn provide a bill based on each rooms individual usage.

    The simplest way really is to either make them pay the bills or for the landlord to pay all bills and not seek additional payment.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)