Before using this procedure, you should check by reading the other parts of this section that the occupier is truly a trespasser. In addition some form of notice before proceedings are commenced should have been served on the occupiers explaining you believe them to be trespassers and that you intend to use the trespasser procedure to claim possession (a simple mention of court proceedings generally is sufficient, there is no need to detail what proceedings you intend to take if you don’t want.) ┬áThis notice should give “reasonable notice” for them to vacate which we would submit in a trespasser case does not need to be long although the longer the better. Anything between 2 – 7 days should be sufficient and depending how the notice is served.

There is no prescribed form for the notice before proceedings so just a simple letter will suffice.

Court Proceedings

The claim form should be sent to the county court nearest the location of the property.

Two forms are required:

Claim form N5

Particulars of claim N121

Examples of the completed forms are available here ... Please login or signup to continue reading this content

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.