Over the last couple of days we’ve been introducing new versions of the tenancy agreements produced by the Tenancy Builder.
This is now complete and all options will provide a January 2017 version (F??? 01/17).
The updates made include:
- the no deposit agreement has had new wording added for if there’s a bond scheme in connection with the tenancy (confirming deductions which may be made)
- the insurance clause has had a small wording improvement
- a small number of users reported the email address in the tenancy being cut off at the bottom (g’s and y’s for example). This should now be fixed
- an appliance clause has been added which contracts the landlord out of repairing or replacing an appliance (although we recommend landlords still repair appliances but this clause will assist if it’s believed the tenant has caused the need for repair)
- pests and vermin clause has had small wording change
- deposit clause has been modified to further clarify deductions which may be made
- waste clause slightly modified
- the deposit agreements have been rearranged a little. This was because we needed to add a new page and so we had to move various paragraphs around to make it fit neater.
In addition to the tenancy agreement changes, the smoke alarm test certificate (England only) has had a small spelling mistake corrected.
No action is needed on your part as the new agreements will be produced automatically.
One thing to note – if you have already prepared a draft and sent that to the tenant or guarantor, you may want to send the revised version. To do this, simply select the agreement from within the edit section. Clicking update will produce the new agreement to send.