1.12 Membership of a Landlord Association
There are a number of landlord associations and it is worth considering paying to join and become a member. Membership normally includes:
- a regular newsletter giving advice
- updates on housing law or policy as they change
- the chance to make representations on proposed changes to regulations, the law or tax
- discounts for services such as insurance
- individual advice if there is a problem.
Landlord associations normally hold periodic meetings where there is an opportunity to meet other landlords and discuss issues and problems. Through the network of other members ideas and procedures can be obtained to resolve problems on how to manage more successfully.
A landlords association that operates nationally is the Guild of Residential Landlords – http://www.landlordsguild.com