England Landlord Guidance

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

You are in The Responsibilities and Liabilities of the Landlord / Letting Agent
... Please login or signup to continue reading this content

Useful Links

Overcrowding & Room Sizes

Licensable HMOs (England) Where an HMO requires a licence, there are minimum room sizes in England from 1 October ...

Lacors Fire Safety Guidance

For shared accommodation or converted blocks of flats, see the useful LACORS guidance on fire safety in let ...

More From the Website


Blank Fire Risk Assessment Form

Blank Fire Risk Assessment Form

The Lacors Fire Safety Guidance provides a suggested fire risk assessment form. This template is based on that ...

Questions and Answers (for this topic and country)

NTQ and licensees

Am i right that if there is shared house situation that they are licencees if they haven't been issued an AST? they share common parts etc... plus if it is an NTQ but there are significant rent ...

HMOs and gas safety certificate

HMO with 4 people thus a license is not required correct? If that’s the case then, does the gas cert need to be given to each individual tenant or can it be pinned up on the wall is it presently ...

How to split bills

Hi, I have a HMO with 5 tenants. On was away for a few months and she doesn’t want to pay any bills for this period. I normally split the gas and electric 5 ways between them. 3 have agreed to ...

HMO or not?

We have been offered a property (3 bed house) to manage that has 2 unrelated sharers as joint tenants but it also has a lodger of the tenants living there so a total of 3 unrelated tenants. ...

additional tenant

We have a tenant with a 14 year old daughter living with her in a 2 bed cottage. (more…)

HMO license issue

If a landlord has a company let with the company and obviously the company sublets who is responsible for acquiring the HMO license and ensuring that the property is up to the right standards et ...

Ask a Question

We're really sorry but only subscribers may ask a question or view the answers. Please login or signup to ask a question