England Landlord Guidance

Tenant Relations and Dealing With Complaints

You are in During the Tenancy
... Please login or signup to continue reading this content

More From the Website

Questions and Answers (for this topic and country)

interpreter for tenant

Can a landlord be under a legal duty to provide an interpreter for an AST tenant from a foreign country who cannot speak or understand spoken or written English?

Removing tenant’s items from communual area

Hello I have a tenant who had decide to use the top of the stairs as a dirty clothes store and a place to have his exercise bike. I told him this cannot continue and explained a cleaner is ...

notice to stop car repairs on car park

can you please give advice for me to put in a letter to tenant to stop him repairing cars on the car park outside his front door as i don't know how best to approach him Thankyou. Rosemary Le-marchand

Guests upsetting other tenants.

Hi, I have a HMO with 5 students on separate tenancy contracts. Tenant 3 has been complaining to me that tenant 5's boyfriend has been living at the property. Tenant 3 says he is messy, noisy, ...


One of my tenants is burning incense, I was made aware when another tenant complained about the smell of it in the communal Hallway. Is this covered by the No Smoking Clause in the tenancy? I ...

When does a visitor become a tenant?

Our tenant has asked if his parents can stay temporarily while they move from overseas back to the UK. Whilst wanting to accommodate the request, I am concerned the visit of a few weeks could ...

Ask a Question

We're really sorry but only subscribers may ask a question or view the answers. Please login or signup to ask a question