We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin

Complaint – Refusal to Supply Housing Benefit Payments


England and Wales



Product code: LT412

When a landlord has a tenant who is claiming housing benefit, it can be frustrating when the local authority refuse to speak to the landlord about the claim. Often, all a landlord wishes to know is if payment has been made to the tenant or not. It is not commonly known but in a good majority of cases, a landlord has an absolute right to know if any payments of money have been made to the tenant.

Before using this template the landlord MUST have first issued a request with this template.

This template is a complaint to the local authority which must use your specific local authority complaints procedure (usually a specific contact name and address). This is the only option if more than two months has passed since you were sent any refusal to supply the information by the local authority.

Optionally, we have a proposed judicial review pre action letter and so is slightly more complex but potentially more effective than this complaint letter. If you feel confident enough, it might be worth first sending the judicial review and then this one. Send this complaint letter if more than two months has passed since a refusal by the local authority to provide the information  provided because judicial review has very short and strict time limits. A complaint is less formal.

The letter is in Rich Text Format (RTF) so will work on all word processors and can be edited as you see fit. Any [square brackets] require to be replaced with information.

*A subscription is required to download forms. 

Subscribers can download forms, including this one. Click to see the pricing and benefits of subscribing.