Entry and Refusal (England)

access in emergency

2 Dec 2016 | 1 comment

what if there is leak for example into another flat, can the landlord enter under these circumstances if tenant not there?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    This would depend on the severity of the leak. If it was just a relatively small leak, 24 hours notice should be served first. If however, it is a massive leak causing serious damage to property in a short space of time (e.g. a burst mains) then that might be regarded as an emergency. Even in that case, you should attempt to make contact by telephone, text or maybe email before entering.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)