We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Entry and Refusal (England) | Gas Safety (England)

Access to property

20 Feb 2017 | 1 comment

My tenant wont let us have access to carry out safety checks etc. She wont communicate with me the landlord or the agent who I’ve took on. The gas safety check is now out of date.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    The tenant has the right to refuse entry to all persons including the landlord. However, such a refusal after at least 24 hours notice from the landlord will generally be a breach of the tenancy.

    We have some templates you can use that increase in severity. You should keep trying to gain entry so that if the HSE question why there is no gas safety, you can produce the letters and all attempts to gain access as evidence.

    In the meantime you should seek possession of the property and the easiest way is by the section 21 2 months notice. There is a ground for a refusal to entry such as this but it’s hard to obtain and the 2 months notice will usually be just as quick (and certainly easier).

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)