We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Absolute Orders or Suspended (Postponed) Orders (England) | Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England) | Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (England)

broke suspended order s8

9 Jan 2017 | 1 comment

the order to pay rent on a suspended order has not been kept, what does one do next? straight to bailiffs or we inform the court etc… what is the next stage of the process please


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    You should check details of the order but to quote from the Nearlylegal blog:

    Any landlord (mostly social landlords, but will also apply to private landlords) seeking a warrant on the tenant’s breach of a suspended possession order must apply for permission for a warrant, with evidence of the breach. (I think this can be on the papers and ex parte – CPR 83.2(5)).

    Therefore, an application seeking permission to issue the warrant for bailiffs will need to be made presumably using form N244 application notice. The application should include a copy of the proposed application for the bailiff and also contain evidence of the breaches.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)