Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (England) | Tenant Obligations (England)

CCJ after section 8 claim

26 Feb 2018 | 1 comment

I have just evicted a tenant on a section 8 for rent arrears. The court papers state what they owe in arrears and court charges. They have also left damage to the property which I want to add to the money I’m owed. The tenant left a forwarding address so I want to issue them a ccj. How do I go about issuing a ccj?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    You can start a small claim by following this guidance. However, you must not claim for the arrears or court costs as per your section 8 order because you already have that order and can’t claim twice. Therefore, your small claim would just be for the damage.

    Please see here for enforcing the order you already have.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)