We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (England)

CCJ for rent arrears

10 Oct 2016 | 1 comment


I have tenant who I’m taking through accelerated eviction – judge has granted us possession of house this week on 13th. Tenant is owes just short of three grand – including arrears and court court costs. Error on my part – she had guarantor who completed paperwork, however, it was a short term boyfriend and by the time she moved into property they had separated and he therefore didnt sign tenancy. She is telling me that I need to chase him for the costs through the County Court and it doesn’t apply to her. Please can you advise how you would respond? Many thanks


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Do you mean the boyfriend was going to be the guarantor but that didn’t happen and so therefore there is no guarantor? In which case, just the tenant is liable for everything.

    If they won’t pay the arrears, one option is to make a small claim. However, you shouldn’t add the possession court costs to that claim as you already have a judgment for that money so you can’t claim twice.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)