Planning Control and Building Regulations (England)

Change of Use?

30 Jan 2018 | 1 comment

Hi, we are just in the process of buying an end of terrace property with two floors currently set up as two apartments, one on the ground floor and one on the top floor. The property is on one title deed. We would like to put it back to one house. Would we need a change of use or any permissions? Thank you.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Yes, we believe you would need planning permission. A change in the number of dwellings (not necessarily increasing the number) is a requirement to obtain planning.

    Have a word with your local authority who will advise the best course of action.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)