We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Types of Tenancies (Wales)

common law tenancy

17 Sep 2016 | 1 comment

I am a residential landlord and would appreciate a template for a common law tenancy

Thanking you in advance


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Just to be sure, you are a resident landlord of a building which was a house when constructed and has subsequently been converted into self contained flats – you own the whole, live in one of the flats and intend to rent out another of the flats? Other than communal hallways, there is no sharing of facilities (such as kitchen or lounge)?

    Please see para 10 of this link for the actual definition in the Housing Act and double check you meet the definition.

    Assuming all of above, this is the contractual tenancy needed. If in doubt, please contact us because it’s important to be right and if there is doubt, it’s best to give an assured shorthold tenancy.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)