Types of Tenancies (England)

Excluded license lodger agreement

2 Mar 2018 | 1 comment

I am aware that one can change the locks in these situations but would rather get a court order

What form of notice is required to start the procedure ?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    You will need to check the terms of the licence agreement as to any specific length (for example our lodger agreement requires a months notice if there’s no reason being provided) but just a letter will suffice. No prescribed notice is required. If there is no mention of a length of notice to be given, it must be “reasonable” in length. A month would normally always be reasonable and anything less would possibly be risky although it would depend on why (for example if they’re not paying, 2 weeks may be considered reasonable but it will be down to the court to decide).

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)