Types of Tenancies (England)

Farm building let as storage to builder

6 Mar 2018 | 1 comment

I have a farm building ( barn ) that is being let to a builder/property maintainance man for storage. Please advise what sort of agreement i should be using and any other associated documents that need to be served.
Many thanks


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying – we were travelling to Wales and back all day yesterday.

    On the website, we have a storage agreement but that is only suitable for “personal use”.

    A special business tenancy (which we don’t supply or support) is required where:

    … the property comprised in the tenancy is or includes premises which are occupied by the tenant and are so occupied for the purposes of a business carried on by him or for those and other purposes. [s.23(1) Landlord and Tenant Act 1954].

    A business tenancy has special rules and would need a lease creating by a specialist in that area of law.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)