We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England) | Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (England)

Filing a CCJ for rent arrears

11 Oct 2016 | 1 comment


Have tenant who I’ve taken through accelerated eviction – judge has granted possession for this Thursday – tenant has advised she is exercsing her rights and will remain at property for a further ten days – the soonest date bailiffs can enter.

Based on her staying until then the arrears add up to £3169.31 Add to that court costs of 355 plus bailiffs at 110! Can I file a CCJ now for the rent arrears? Are court and bailiffs a seperate claim?



1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Yes you could start a small claim against the tenant for the rent arrears.

    Please see here for guidance.

    You mustn’t include the court fee or bailiff from the possession claim because you already have judgement for those. You can mention in the papers that you have judgment and not been paid but as I say you can’t double claim.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)