Check out the new websites that we will be moving to soon - [England]( or [Wales](
Check out the new websites that we will be moving to soon - [England]( or [Wales](
powered by bulletin


Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) (Wales)

Fire Risk Assessment

10 Jun 2020 | 1 comment


Upon doing the recent Rent Smart Wales CPD regarding Fire Risk Assessment, it mentions about fire risk assessment.

As a landlord of a 2 bed house with 1 tenant, what do I need to do (other than the usual Smoke Alarms, check electrical appliances and Gas Safety) in terms of Fire Risk Assessment in terms of any formal documented procedures, is there anything I need to do?



1 Comment

  1. Imported

    28/08/2018 10:57 am

    No, there is nothing more needed as long as you have the smoke alarms and perhaps ensure the kitchen door is “close fitting” (but it won’t have to be a fire door, just well fitted and closes properly).

    If the property ever becomes an HMO (more than 2 people not all related to one another) the position may be slightly different (although a 2 bed house with 3 people for example wouldn’t be excessive in it’s requirements) so contact us again then.


Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)