Licensing of Private Rented Properties (England)

Fit and proper person assessment

9 Sep 2017 | 2 comments

I am finally ready to upload my application for HMO when I am asked to attach a fit and proper person assessment. Can anyone tell me how I would go about getting an assessment?
Many thanks



  1. guildy

    Are you certain you’re not mistaken? It is for the local authority to determine (i.e. make an assessment) as to whether you are a fit and proper person before they are allowed to award a licence. We don’t see how this is possible for you to do yourself. It could be just a declaration of various statements (such as criminal records and similar).

    You may need to contact the local authority because we’ve never heard of this being needed by an applicant before.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)