Tax (England)

Form 17 Declaration of Trust

29 Jan 2018 | 1 comment

Hi Guildy
My husband and I would like to alter the tax split on a rental property. We currently own as joint tenants and understand we need to transition to a tenancy in common in order to do this. I think all we need to do is complete and have witnessed a Form 17 declaration then notify HMRC. I assume we can do this – and it would still be official – rather than having to pay for a lawyer to do it? And do you have a pro forma Form 17 we could use please?

Many thanks


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    We’re afraid tax is our weakest subject of them all and your question is just a blur to me!

    As a subscriber to the Guild, you have 10 minutes free with a specialist tax advisor – contact details here.

    Please give them a call and they will be able to help better than us.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)