Ending a Tenancy (England) | England | Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England)

Getting possession with missed GSC

14 Jan 2022 | 1 comment

Latest GSC has been served on the tenant but the gas safety check in 2020 was missed completely and no GSC was ever generated or issued. I guess I can serve a valid S21 BUT I may not get possession if it were to go to court? what is the remedy (if any) for this please? Thank you.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    In order to obtain possession via section 21, the tenant must have first been given (a) a copy of the report as it was before they first occupied and (b) the current gas safety record. Anything in-between doesn’t matter for section 21.

    That being said, the court form does ask for all gas records throughout the tenancy but as we say, it’s only the two above that are required for section 21.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)