Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) (England) | Licensing of Private Rented Properties (England)


30 Jun 2017 | 1 comment

HI, As an owner of a number of residential properties I have received several messages from local authorities advising that it has a borough wide HMO licensing scheme and my properties must be licensed.
I am aware that each borough has a different set of regulations therefore complicating the matter further but I was wondering if there is a company that can advise me if registration is required for each of my properties? I am aware that quite a few properties become registered as HMO’s but if the owners were advised properly they could have argued their case and avoid the cost of registration. Thanks.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    We can help with this.

    You need to find out what type of licensing they are operating. Is it additional licensing or selective licensing? This should be easily available on the councils website.

    If you find it’s additional licensing, they can determine precisely which HMOs to licence (e.g. only two stories and four people) so you will then need to find that out. If it’s simply all HMOs, that’s fine.

    Once you’ve got this information, please get in touch and we can go through each property and figure it out. Probably easiest to do that part by telephone- 01423873399

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)