We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Licensing of Private Rented Properties (England) | Responsibilities and Liabilities (England)

HMO criteria for Selective Licensing?

18 May 2016 | 2 comments

Does Selective Licensing apply for the following: Sole occupancy of one house and all flats in one building having their own private entrance and owner/occupancy being 50/50?



  1. guildy

    It could do because “selective” licensing applies to “all” rented property not just HMO’s. It would then be down to the local authority to specify any exemptions (such as your example). However, the scheme may simply say “all rented” or similar in which case it would apply.

    Speak with your local authority and they should be able to tell you (or check their website).

    “Additional” licensing is the one that only applies to HMO’s but is different to “selective”.

  2. saints8

    Thank you that’s very helpful …

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)