Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO) (Wales) | Responsibilities and Liabilities (Wales) | Wales

Hmo licence Wales

15 Jul 2021 | 2 comments

2 storey property converted to 4 self contained units 1995 with communal hall and stairs

do I need a licence?



  1. guildy

    This will entirely depend on the occupiers of the flats and any specific rules within the area the building is located. If there is “selective licensing”, all rented property requires a licence. If there’s “additional licensing”, any of the flats with 3 or more sharing and not all related to one another would need a licence. Otherwise, from what’s described, a licence shouldn’t be needed.

    Would be best to check with your local authority as they will be able to say for sure and will know about these specific licensing designations in the area.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)