Insurance (England)

How to get buildings insurance on a property let as 2 – main house and side annex

28 Apr 2017 | 1 comment

I have a house which has the garage converted into a self contained 1 bed flat. Its let as the main house and the annex 1 bed. Each has its own entrance. Both are joined internally by what was a door but has been blocked off and sealed up.
The 1st insurer I spoke to said they cannot insure me due to the door?
Any advice on who to get insured with or what to do appreciated.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    If you haven’t already, try the ones we introduce to available here.

    The policy is specialist for renting so may be a little more flexible.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)