Changing the Terms (England) | Deposits and Tenancy Deposit Schemes (England) | Joint and Several Tenancies (England)

joint tenancy

29 Mar 2017 | 2 comments

My tenants have got married – do I need to issue another tenancy in their married names and re-submit the deposit in their married names please



  1. guildy

    No, it’s fine as is and you can leave it. Obviously if you did a renewal over time, the renewal would be in the new names but there’s no need right now. It’s still the same people.

    If you ever have to serve notice (or even write to them) you should use the new name.

    If ever court proceedings were required (hopefully not) a short note explaining the name difference would suffice.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)